For many people home decorating and home decor accents are meaningless and they may not have any desire to have anything other than the basics in their home.
Many people desire to have a beautifully decorated home with nicely displayed home decor accents but don’t feel they have the talent to put it all together or just don’t know where to begin.
If this is where you are, this article is for you.
If this applies to you and you find that you want a decorative home and a home that is eye pleasing to you, there are a few ways to achieve a welcoming, decorative, and desirable place that will be your retreat and refuge.
Each of us is giving talents and gifts in our life and some of us don’t excel in the decorating department.
And, if home decorating and putting home accents together properly is not your talent or gift don’t be discouraged you just need to tap into what you have or tap into someone who has that gift.
Below are a few tips of ways you can find your creative side or find someone who can help you accomplish your desire in having a home that is tastefully decorated in home decor and home accents.
- If money is available to hire a decorator this is certainly an easy and good way to acquire a great result.
- Take caution that you find someone with a good reputation that is a listener to your wants and needs and who will give you a complete list of what they can and will do for you.
- Get the cost in writing
- Listen to your instinct when interviewing decorators.
- Find a decorator with whom you can work with and trust.
- If you feel confident enough to do your research and want to pull out your creative side, roll up your sleeves and do it yourself by:
· Taking a decorator class. It may sound odd, but you will actually learn and develop good principles in design. There are many basics that need to be understood in design.
· Shop in furniture stores for ideals and styles you like.
· Realize what your taste is. It could be modern/contemporary or rustic/Tuscan or country or another style.
· There are great products on the market in the field of furniture and decorative home accent pieces, such as, metal wall art. Take the time to explore products that are of good quality, that reflect quality and craftsmanship, and will add value as it is displayed in your home or outdoor living space.
· Take time to discover what it is you really like and want.
- Tap into a friend who is really good with color, display and decorating. You probably know just the person who has the talent and you like his or her taste. This is a great opportunity for you to enjoy learning from and trusting that friend’s creativity. Your friend will probably love to get involved in your project.
· Understand and don’t expect your friend to take as much time as a paid decorator will.
· Don’t ask above what your friend has time for or is able to accomplish.
· It is important to not take advantage of a friend.
· This may be an opportunity where you can exchange talents. Maybe your friend could use some of your talent for where he or she lacks in tasks. This is chance to give of yourself to your friend. Always, give more or yourself than what you expect in return in your friendship.
If any of these tips will work for you and you are willing to pursue your desires you will certainly be pleased and satisfied to have your home decorated in a way that will bring you pleasure and enjoyment for a long time to come.